21st-century challenges like digitalisation, migration, climate change and social cohesion are calling for the adoption of new approaches for learning and development. People coming from disadvantaged backgrounds are often deprived from vital climate-related knowledge due to the lack of information tailored to their needs, which may result in environmentally irresponsible behaviour.
The COOL project aims to create open learning spaces for disadvantaged learners to improve the access to lifelong and civic learning and to establish a system of more appropriate learning modalities.
The main project objectives are:
- Empower disadvantaged groups to become social innovators
- Create open spaces for learning and development for these target groups
- Create a methodology to facilitate open learning in three modalities (face-to-face encounters, digital space, on the road)
- Train and qualify adult educators to become “Learning and Development Facilitators
To achieve this COOL will:
- Curate the COOL Exhibition
- Develop the COOL Facilitation Approach
- Plan and Deliver the COOL Training and the CPD programme
- Create the COOL Virtual Learning and Development Space
The project partnership is led by BUPNET Bildung und Projekt Netzwerk GmbH, Göttingen, Germany and consists of partners with complementary experience and skills in the field of competence oriented learning in adult education from Italy, France, Lithuania, Sweden, and Spain.
Project website: https://cool.bupnet.eu